Christina was originally a Canadian River-class frigate called HMCS Stormont and was launched in 1943. She served as a convoy escort during the Battle of the Atlantic and was present at the D-Day landings. After the end of the Second World War she was one of many surplus naval vessels and Greek shipowner Aristotle Onassis purchased her for just $34,000. He spent $4 million to convert her into a luxurious yacht and renamed her Christina after his daughter.
Photographs taken on 26th of May, 1957, at Monte Carlo, by the leader of Greek Existentialists, Simos Tsapnidis. Simos was then on his tour around Europe, (he is the man with a cane and in shorts) and we can see him among other men who worked on Christina